Linking the restaurant with Zomato
The online food ordering platforms like Zomato, Swiggy, and Foodpanda have been observed as a market with huge opportunities. The growth of online restaurant discovery as well as a food ordering system has paved the way for food tech startups towards emerging in the industry.
Zomato is a global corporation that functions throughout 24 countries. The main business model of Zomato is dependent on hyperlocal advertising on its website and mobile application.
Before applying for Zomato registration, or Partnering with Zomato, the restaurant is required to be a business entity in India like Private Limited Company, LLP or Partnership registration. Also, An FSSAI license is compulsory as per business turnover or business size and nature. Also, for registering on Zomato, GST & Shop & Establishment Act is required.
Registering a Restaurant on Zomato:
The procedure for Zomato restaurant registration comprises of;
- Adding the restaurant towards Zomato Restaurant listing
- Acquiring a Registration on Zomato for Business application
Adding the restaurant on Zomato:
- To add a restaurant in Zomato, one must visit the Add Restaurant Link and fill the registration form with a restaurant name, phone number, city, etc.
- Then a person is required to click on Add Restaurant to add the restaurant to the Zomato Listing.
- When the form is submitted, Zomato executive visit and collect documents such as Aadhar card, PAN Card, Copy of FSSAI registration, take pictures of the restaurant, etc. On completion of the restaurant verification, the restaurant would be added.
Registering the Restaurant in Zomato:
- For obtaining Zomato restaurant registration for Business app, a person is required to visit the Zomato for Business App Link.
- Search the restaurant in the search bar to check whether the restaurant is listed on Zomato or not.
- If the restaurant is found in the Zomato listing then the person must click on a claim the listing.
- In other cases, (if a restaurant is not available on Zomato) then Add the Restaurant to Zomato business listings.
- When adding or claiming the restaurant on Zomato is completed, the person must scroll down below on Zomato for a Business page where the person would find a simple registration form.
- Fill out the form mentioning the restaurant name, your name, phone number, e-mail address, and city and then click on Submit.
- After submitting the form to partner with Zomato, an executive from Zomato would contact you to verify the details provided. On verifying the account, the account on Zomato for business would be activated.
Commission Charged by Online Food Ordering Platform Zomato
Zomato charges between 10%-15% reliant on the service provided and the area. For example, if a restaurant lists exclusively on Zomato for online ordering they pay 7%-8% whereas if they choose to work with others as well, the commission goes up to 12%. And if Zomato also offers its delivery fleet to deliver the orders, the commission could reach up to 18%.
Linking the restaurant with Swiggy
Swiggy is one of the country’s largest and fastest-growing food delivery mobile applications.
Procedure to Partner with Swiggy
The online food ordering is progressively on the rise and this has stimulated several restaurants to partner with Swiggy. The process to partner with Swiggy is;
- Contact Swiggy – To partner with Swiggy, the restaurant has to leave an inquiry on the organization’s Partner Registration Webpage.
- Connecting with a Sales Representative – A sales representative from Swiggy would connect with the applicants.
- Meeting with Sales Representative – A Representative of Swiggy would meet the applicant in person to determine their demands and additional requirements.
- Agreeing with Terms and Conditions – The applicant and the sales representatives should agree.
- Gathering of Records- After agreeing towards the terms, some fundamental records are gathered and dissected within a couple of days.
- Becoming a partner – After the completion of these formalities, the restaurants would be conferred as partners of Swiggy.
The documents required to become a Swiggy partner are;
- Document showing FSSAI Registration.
- Partnership PAN Card.
- A canceled cheque for Swiggy restaurant registration.
- A copy of GST Registration as well as the tax details.
- Details of the proprietors.
Commissions Charged by Online Food Ordering Platform Swiggy
Swiggy generally charges between 15%- 25%* in mature markets but it could charge up to 16% in places if the restaurant is new to the ecosystem. Meanwhile, the fee could drop to even 4%-7% on Swiggy if it wants to bring a certain restaurant onboard such as local specialties.
Linking the restaurant with food panda
FoodPanda is the online food ordering business that has developed exponentially recently in India. Food Panda is a technology-driven food ordering system which offers its services through mobile application and website
The documents required while registering as a Foodpanda Partner are;
- FSSAI Registration.
- Proof of invoice (must comprise details of all fees charged which includes taxes, service fee, delivery fee, packaging charges)
- Scanned copy of the menu
- Copy of canceled cheque
- Minimum of 3 photos of Kitchen, Front view, Packaging, etc.
Procedure to Partner with Foodpanda
The procedures for registering a restaurant with Foodpanda are;
Visit the official website – One could visit the Foodpanda Official Website and click on “Partner with us” link which is displayed on the home page of the portal.
Registration Procedure – The registration procedure comprises three levels that are required to be followed for a successful registration.
Provide Information – In the initial step a person has to complete the online registration procedure where they have to give the required business information like:
- Name and Contact Information of the Owner
- Registered business name and address
- City and state
- At least 3 photos of Kitchen, Front view, Packaging, etc.
- Internet access should be available in the device to accept orders online.
Provide Business Related Information – On the next level, a person is required to provide operation-related information like:
- Available cuisines, that is food types like north Indian, South Indian, etc.
- Scanned copy of the menu
- Operating days and hours
- Minimum order value
- Delivery operation, distance, time
- Name, email and contact number of staff taking orders
- Restaurant manager name, email and phone number
After filling out this information, a person would have to fill up one more form where they have to provide the following information:
- PAN/TAN number and scanned copy
- GSTIN and GST %
- Delivery Fee
- Container Charge
- Service Fee
- Invoice proof
- Bank account for payments
After completing this online procedure, a person is required to sign an agreement with Foodpanda and pay fixed registration fees to partner with Foodpanda.
Commissions Charged by Online Food Ordering Platform
Foodpanda presently charges a commission fee of 10% of the total orders from the restaurants under its food ordering business. 20% commission of each order is applicable if FoodPanda does home delivery. Moreover, they would deduct approximately 2% for delivery and payment gateway charges.